Friday, October 15, 2010

Moral Creed

So for my religion class this semester I am taking 'Preparing for Celestial Marriage' I was a little skeptical at first, but it was the only class that would fit with my schedule. Now I am so glad I'm taking it! I feel like I learn so much. We had to make these things called our moral creeds. It's simple really, all you do is make a word document of things that you will do, and then another for things that you wont. I think that this is a very good idea and that everyone should do it. Here is mine :) p.s. A lot have to do with dating and marriage because of the class I am in...

I will...

· Settle for nothing less than a temple marriage.

· Date people that honor and respect women.

· Hold to my standards when it comes to looking for someone to marry.

· Make sure my future spouse and I are starting our marriage on a good foundation.

· Live a life worthy to be married and sealed in the temple.

· Pray to the Lord for guidance in things that I am supposed to be doing.

· Trust that the Lord knows what is best for me.

· Be happy and remain positive through life.

· Work through challenging situations.

· Be an example to those around me.

· Attend the temple regularly.

· Pray to have the Spirit with me through the day.

· Avoid dangers in dating by not putting us in awkward situations.

· Live a life like the life I want my future spouse to be living.

· Stand up for what I believe in.

· Control my redheaded personality.

· Try to see people the way that God sees people.

· Dress modestly to attract the right type of boys.

· Speak appropriately.

· Fight hard against bad habits that I have.

· Get to know the person that I’m going to marry before it’s sealed over the alter.

· Stay married to the same person, even when life gets tough.

· Get through temptations with the Lord’s help.

· Raise a family in the gospel.

· Let family members know of my love for them.

· Show gratitude in all that I do.

· Go to places that the spirit can be with me at all times.

· Not be a stupid girl who doesn’t know her standards.

· Always remember that I am a daughter of God and know that he loves me.

· Associate myself with people that I feel comfortable around.

· Marry someone who treats me the way my Dad treats my Mom.

· Gain an education and share that knowledge with those around me, especially my children.

· Let others know that I have a testimony of this gospel.

· Be honest in the things that I do.

· Have a marriage that has a partnership with God.

I Won't...

· Let others opinions bring me down.

· Live a life with fear of the future.

· Think bad thoughts.

· Put others down to feel better about myself.

· Be afraid to share my testimony with others.

· Put myself in situations where the spirit cannot be with me.

· Focus too much on outward appearances.

· Judge people too harshly before I have even talked to them.

· Speak inappropriately.

· Forget who I am.

· Slack off in school, work, or church jobs.

· Hold back from promptings.

· Spend more money than I have available.

· Dress immodestly.

· Be unworthy of a temple recommend.

· Be afraid to tell people to not act certain ways around me.

· Go against church standards.

· Compromise my standards in certain situations.

· Let certain goals of mine die off.

· Make a habit of yelling in the home.

· Let my talents go by not sharing them.

· Judge people by the way they dress.

· Be pessimistic.

· Give up on my passions in life.

· Be ashamed to turn to the Lord for his strength and guidance.

· Let myself get carried away on dates.

· Marry someone that I don’t really know.

· Lie to avoid certain situations.

· Take life for granted.

· Forget the love that my Heavenly Father has for me.

· Give into worldly pleasures.

· Let my loved ones not know the love that I have for them.

· Date people who don’t have a testimony of the gospel.

· Be that girl who ‘gets around’.

· Be rude.

· Weigh myself every day.

· Deny my love for Jesus Christ.



So people... What is your Moral Creed?



1 comment:

  1. I like that! That is awesome and empowering. Go get em' Kayla. Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete